About This EConference
Islamic Finance Ecosystem: Connecting the Dots
Islamic ﬁntech is a rapidly growing interest in the Islamic ﬁnance ecosystem. The 3rd Islamic Fintech Dialogue will explore what is driving this interest and the direction of the industry. Since its inception, IFD has established itself as a central point of discussion on the growth and development of Islamic ﬁntech ecosystem.
The 1st IFD set the dialogue for discussions of the fundamentals of ﬁntech in Islamic ﬁnance in areas such as governance, regulations, Shariah compliance, technology, etc. The 2nd IFD dealt with challenges and opportunities of ﬁntech in the Islamic ﬁnance industry, while providing insight on the way ﬁntech is challenging the norm of the ﬁnancial industry – including Islamic ﬁnancial system. The 2-day event was well attended by local and international participants and graced with insights from industry experts such as YBhg. Dato’ Ts. Dr. Haji Amirudin Abdul Wahab, Datuk Dr. Mohd Daud Bakar, Dr. Bello Lawal Danbatta, Mr. Norhizam Abdul Kadir, Ms. Azleena Idris, Mr. Daud Vicary, Mr. Mark Smalley, Mr. Othman Abdullah, just to name a few.
The 3rd IFD (IFD2020) will push the dialogue even further to go beyond the norm in the industry. Fintech has always been the disruptor for the global ﬁnancial industry. However, 2020 has seen a new disruptor that affected all aspects of the global economy from high job losses to even loss of life. This brings about the question on whether COVID-19’s disruption of the global economy has created more relevance for the ﬁntech industry or not. Can the Islamic ﬁntech industry transform this disruption into new solutions and opportunities? A notable reality, especially in the Islamic ﬁntech industry, is that although the industry seems to be expanding it is however not connected. There seems to be still key components of the industry that are missing. Hence, in the interest of creating an Islamic ﬁntech ecosystem, whether regional or global, these components must be identiﬁed. IFD2020 will discuss these areas to better understand where lies the dots that already exist and can be connected. While also exploring what are the missing and fundamental blocks in building an Islamic ﬁntech ecosystem.
- To raise awareness of the growing efforts being played by the Islamic ﬁntech players to help with the current crisis.
- To understand some of the hurdles that are facing the industry players that are inspired to push the industry beyond the norm.
- To understand the role of Shariah in pushing shariah-based ﬁntech to the industry.
To encourage new shariah compliant ﬁntech initiatives.
Who should Attend
- Venture Capitalists
- Fintech Companies
- Shariah Scholars & Advisors
- Halal Businesses
- Bankers and Practitioners
- Government Agencies
- Regulator and policymakers
- Academicians and researchers
- General ﬁntech enthusiasts
Prof. Dr. Mohamad Akram Laldin
Hany O. Soliman
Asst. Prof. Dr. Kinan Salim
Wan Ahmad Najib Wan Ahmad Lotﬁ
Wajeeha H. Awadh
Prof. Dr. Younes Soulahi
Nazri M Muhd
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Said Bouheraoua
Mufti Faraz Adam
Mohammad Ridzuan Abdul Aziz
Mufti Ismail Desai
Ronald Yusuf Wijaya
Mr. Matthew Martin
Asst. Prof. Dr. Ziyaad Mahomed
Dr. Moutaz Abojeib
Shahril Anas Hasan Aziz
Prof. Dr. Ashraf Md Hashim
1 - 2 December 2020 | eConference
- Prof. Dr. Mohamad Akram Laldin
- Adnan Zaylani bin Mohamad Zahid
- Prof. Dato’ Dr Mohd Azmi Omar Norhizam Abdul Kadir Assoc. Prof. Dr. Said Bouheraoua Asst. Prof. Dr. Kinan Salim Dr. Moutaz Abojeib
- Ayman Sejiny Mohammad Ridzuan Abdul Aziz Noha Shaker Ronald Yusuf Wijaya Dr. Marjan Muhammad
- Abdullah Hidayat Jamaluddin Bujang Shahril Anas Hasan Aziz Hany O. Soliman Asst. Prof. Dr. Kinan Salim
- Wan Ahmad Najib Wan Ahmad Lotﬁ Kemal Payza Wajeeha H. Awadh Prof. Dr. Younes Soulahi
Session 4: Artiﬁcial intelligence and Robo-Advisory: How Realistic is Their Application in Shariah Assurance and Islamic Wealth Management?
- Omar Shaikh Nazri M Muhd Mufti Faraz Adam Mughees Shaukat Prof. Dr. Ashraf Md Hashim
- Raﬁ-uddin Shikoh Mufti Ismail Desai Mr. Matthew Martin Asst. Prof. Dr. Ziyaad Mahomed
- Dr. Moutaz Abojeib Assoc. Prof. Dr. Baharom Abdul Hamid
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Said Bouheraoua
Ticket Price & Plan
Choose Your Package
Starter (Attend ONE e-conference: IFD2020) - RM 150.00
Attend and get access to all THREE e-conferences!
Save RM150 (33% off) with this package. (Normal Price: RM450)
Choose a combination of any TWO e-conferences.
Save RM50 (17% off) with this package. (Normal Price: RM300)